Saturday, July 18, 2015

Epic Camping

Today I got up at 6:20 a.m. and drove the rest the way to Temple Texas to get Nancy for our epic camping trip. I got to Temple mid afternoon and Nancy was still working at the office she works at on Saturdays, so I went to her apartment and took a shower. while I was waiting for her to get off. When she got off and came back to the apartment, we decided to figure out the route we were going to take for our trip. We decided to camp along the way, alternating from campsite to truck stop for showers, and a hotel in Seattle, Washington.  After the sun started to go down, we went outside to practice putting the tent up in the back of my pickup truck (first time), and that turned into quite an adventure and its own. in the end it turned out really good though, we got rid of a bunch of trash and fix it up nice and I think this camping is going to be easy now that I got a tent and a air matteress in the back of the truck.

The plan is to leave tomorrow morning between six and eight and make it to our first destination which is San Angelo State Park by mid afternoon.  Well camp there for the night and take off the next morning for a TA truck stop in Santa Rosa, NM.  Although we are only going about 3 1/2 hours for our first stop, the plan is to drive about 8 to 10 hours a day.  The plan allows for rain days and if we decide to stay any one place for more than one day, we can. I think this is going to be fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment