Thursday, August 13, 2015

Visiting Family


Had a couple of good days. Yesterday I got to see my cousin Lou Anne, and what a treat.  I stayed with her over the summers and part of a school year when I was growing up, and she is just so great.  I miss just talking ...I love you Lou Anne.  



Yesterday I got the hatchets back from the engravers for my brothers.  I got them to give to my brothers when we went camping, but even though were not going camping I wanted to get them.  Along with their names, I had a number put on each of them representing the order we were borne.  I'm number #5. 

Andy isn't even going to make it to the reunion this year, so I mailed him his, and I will give the rest out at the reunion (minus Kelly's, I couldn't wait and gave him his already).  





I took my Mom to US Cellular also to try and get her a new phone.  She wants to get a smartphone, but doesn't want to up her phone bill.  Well, we had a bad experience with the store and didn't get helped, so we went to the other location in Newton and got helped.  Problem is, if she gets smart phone it will require a data plan and a jump of about $30 dollars a month in her bill.  She didn't like that so I'm trying to see if we can buy a phone from someone else and just start using it with her current account.  Here's some pics of me showing her how to use my smartphone.

Last night I realized I don't exercise enough anymore...at all!  So, when I was getting ready for bed, I decided to take a walk.  I walked from my Mom's place to the old Maytag Plant 2 building. It's about 3.2 miles, and I felt it on the way back.  My back was sore, but feels fine today.  Well, this is short but better than nothing at all. 

Oh, almost forgot.  I got the paperwork for my passport and I have an interview at the Post Office on Friday to get it completed.  World, here I come...:)  

No comments:

Post a Comment