Pretty boring day today. I stayed up until 4:30 am this morning working on the last blog entry, and did a pretty good job at getting caught up I think. Well today I got up about 9:30 to Mom's dog Stewie barking as usual. I finally got up when Mom got up and made her way into the kitchen. She made some coffee for us, and we both sat down at the table.
We talked a little bit, not about any one thing really, just a little back and forth. We did get into a little talk about politics, which I know she hates...she is a Democrat I'm pretty sure, but I know she doesn't like labels that way. I don't mind so much. I'm more a Republican than anything, but really just want good government. I went to take a shower and when I got out, I went outside to get something out of my truck, and found a package I ordered in prep of the "Brother Camping Trip" that isn't going to happen.
I got 5 East-wing No.1 hatchets to give to my brothers to celebrate the trip...but that was before I knew that the trip wasn't going to happen.....again.
First, I was talking to Kelly about the trip when I first got here, and his enthusiasm was less then excited. First he told me that he thought we might not be able to find a camping spot without making a reservation ahead of time. Then we talked about were we might camp, and he didn't really like any of the places around here. Rock Creek sucks, and Red Rock north side has bacteria problems and he wont camp on that side. Well, it was obvious to me that he wasn't really that interested in camping.
I called Andy yesterday afternoon to find out when he would be coming, and that's when he told me that they weren't going to make it this year for the reunion. His unit was going to the field and it would be hard to get leave. He also had a big expense for one of his dogs recently who suffered dehydration and he took him to the vet and the bill was really big. He said things just weren't looking good, so he decided to not come this year.
Then the next morning I missed a call on my phone from Lonnie. It was Lonnie who left a message for me. He said he was going to have a hard time making the camping trip because he had a tournament that same day, So, I decided to just cancel it for this year, and maybe we can try again another time.
It seems like taking time out to spend time together (camping) just isn't such a big deal to anyone but me.. I kinda wonder if I'm being selfish, because I can camp and do pretty much what ever I want whenever I want now that I'm retired from the Army....and unmarried. I only have myself to consider. They all have other responsibilities, obligations, priorities and such. I know it's better to just hope we can spend some time together in the future.
I haven't told anyone but Mom, but I don't think I will be here next year. I plan to start traveling to other countries next year, and I don't know that I'll be around. I know that whole reason they all agreed to do it this year was because I got survival knifes engraved commemorated the event....that didn't happen. Well, get ready for the guilt trip again, cuz I'm still going to hand out the hatches I got this year...LOL
I'm really not that mad, jsut hope we can do it someday. Miss the days when we were growing up and hanging out. But now that I say that....I hope it doesn't backfire and we all hate it. Never know sometimes.
On a happier note, I went to shoot my 45-70 rifle today at Uncle Carl's place. Man, what can I say...I still got it. I bought some clay targets and a punch out target board to hold them and I will killing it. Just need a bigger range next time. I was less than 40 meters, and I need about 100 to sight in my scope...which I think I need a new scope too.
Well that't it for tonight, if you hung in for this long, congrats....you are a true follower!.
Nite.
No comments:
Post a Comment